Top IT Security Trends for Law Firms at LS-ISAO

Posted by Ajit Sancheti on May 3, 2017 8:05:28 AM

Last week, I had the opportunity to spend a day at a Legal Services Information Sharing & Analysis Organization(LS-ISAO) workshop in New York City, hosted by a leading law firm. Close to 100 security professionals from law firms around the country participated. While most law firms have small dedicated security teams, what was apparent from the beginning was that the challenges ahead of them were not small.

Read More

Topics: CISO, Risk, Law Firms, Insider Threat

35% of Users Have Weak Passwords; the Other 65% can be Cracked

Posted by Eran Cohen on Mar 13, 2017 5:00:00 AM

Password leaks from public breaches help us learn how people think, allow us  to identify patterns and build dictionaries of passwords. As password cracking methods evolve, Upper characters, Lower characters, Special characters and Digits (ULSD) recommendations and password complexity mean less.

Read More

Topics: CISO, Credential Compromise, Passwords

How Much Management Do You Need to Dedicate to UEBA? [Part 5 - Blog Series]

Posted by Heather Howland on Nov 11, 2016 4:54:15 PM

In this final blog of the series “A Closer Look Inside UEBA: Top 5 FAQs,” we’re going to discuss what it takes to manage UEBA and how it can make security teams much more efficient and less overwhelmed. 

Read More

Topics: CISO, Security Skills, ueba

How to Get Quick Time to Value with UEBA / Behavioral Firewalls [Part 4 - Blog Series]

Posted by Heather Howland on Nov 4, 2016 8:10:20 AM

This is part 4 of an ongoing series of posts that answer “A Closer Look Inside UEBA: Top 5 FAQs.”  In our last post in the series we talked about the benefits of UEBA solutions. This week let’s take a look at the question that is on the mind of every budget-minded and busy security professional:

Read More

Topics: CISO, Behavioral Firewall, ueba

The “Crying Wolf” Rating and Other Security Investment Qualifiers

Posted by Steve Herrod on Oct 27, 2016 3:50:21 PM

There is a lot of noise in the cybersecurity space with every company trying to differentiate itself by claiming to be the “next big thing”, but so few have risen to the top. And the security market has changed a lot in the past couple years. As a venture capitalist, I often get asked about how I see the market changing and how we cut through the noise to find and fund companies that are doing something truly unique and innovative and that really solves customer problems.

Read More

Topics: CISO, Insider Threats, Security Skills, ueba